♥ What’s the blog all about?
– I can say that this is all about me, but that would be too Narcissistic. So I would like to dedicate this blog to all the women out there who are still trying to find their worth. You are all beautiful, cheers! 🙂
♥ When does FFK started?
– It all started back in August 2012, three days before my birthday which is on September 1. I’m still trying my hand on different blog platforms available, and when I finally settled to WordPress, I did my first post. 🙂
♥ Why did you name it Flowers for Kimberly?
– Well who doesn’t love flowers? Back in the day prior to the making of this blog, I’m thinking of naming this The Kim Sioco but it sounds boring to me, then came the Tequila for Kimberly, but I don’t want people to perceive me as a wild, alcoholic, neurotic, Asian girl. And then came my never ending love for floral and sunflowers and cherry blossoms and peonies, and so on. So I named it Flowers for Kimberly.
♥ More about yourself, please?
– I am Kimberly Jane, I’m actually a writer and a freelancer in the Philippines. I’m an only child but definitely not spoiled. I’m petite, standing 5 feet and weighs 34 kilograms. I may be tiny to you, but believe me, I can move mountains!
♥ What’s in your bag?
– Aside from my essentials, which is my phone and wallet, I have my planner, phone, pen, camera, a book, cigarettes, lighter, and make up kit with me.
♥ Any Favorite Authors?
– My favorite is JD Salinger. But I love Stephen King, John Grisham, Paulo Coelho, and James Patterson too. Charles Bukowski, Tolstoy and Austen is great, while John Green, Chuck Palahnuk, David Levithan, and Haruki Murakami is good for contemporary lit. For Poets, I love Pablo Neruda, Lang Leav, Shinji Moon, and Robert Frost.
♥ What’s in your playlist right now?
– Foster the People, Arctic Monkeys, a lot of indie records like Sleigh Bells’ Rill Rill, Citizen’s The Summer, Peter, Bjorn, and John’s Young Folks, and Young the Giant’s My Body. I also listen to mainstream but it has to be really, really good for my taste.
♥ What song and book best defines you and your life?
– For the book, I guess JD Salinger’s The Catcher in the Rye defines me and my life in college (though the protagonist is a High School kid). For the song, Lorde’s Royals best defines me now. I can never be a royal, it doesn’t run in my blood, that kind of lux just ain’t for me, I crave a different kind of buzz.
♥ Who’s your fashion icon?
– I like Cara Delevingne’s style. I also love Kate Moss, Frida Gustavsson, and Rosie Huntington Whiteley’s street fashion. For the Locals, I’m loving Tricia Gosingtian and Camille Co’s.
♥ What kind of life do you think you’re living 25 years from now?
– Honestly, I’m a dreamer. So 25 years from now, I see myself with a husband and kids, and probably grandchildren, working as an Editor in a fashion magazine, and having my own coffee shop/library/bookshop in the city. Or maybe, I’ll buy a property in France (Their houses are quite cheaper, actually.) and probably live there. Or I’ll be travelling the world with my husband. 🙂